All the SAAB literature, videos and photos the club has collected
Over the last twenty years the club has amassed a very impressive collection of Saab related literature. The information contained in the archives has always been available to the membership by request. The problem was that very few of you ever really knew what the club had. You can browse the listings of road tests and articles from various magazines and old Saab ads on their respective pages.
How to use the archives:
Copies of complete service manuals and spare parts manuals are available by request. Expect to pay around $60 each for printing. Manuals will be three hole punched but will not come in a binder. Prices will vary depending on the number of pages in the manual.
Archival research will be provided at no charge. Copies of a few pages or chapters will be provided for the cost of postage only.
Questions can be asked:
- Via telephone (845) 778-2469 all day weekends or 6 to 9 PM Monday - Friday EST (returned telephone calls will be made collect).
- Written inquires should be sent to:
333 Saint Andrews Road
Walden, NY 12586
The following is an abbreviated list of the clubs holdings.
Service Manuals contain chapters on all aspects of repair and maintenance:
- 1950-1955 92
- 1955-1960 93/93B
- 1960-1964 95/96/GT-750
- 1965-1968 95/96/Sport/Monte Carlo, Two Stroke Only
- 1967-1971 95/96 V-4 U.K. Edition (metric specs)
- 1967-1973 95/96 V-4
- 1966-1969 Sonett II
- 1970-1974 Sonett III
- 1968-1972 99
Spare Parts Manuals contain exploded view parts drawings with corresponding part numbers:
- 1955-1968 93/GT-750/95/96/96 Sport/Monte Carlo, Two Stroke Only
- 1955-1970 same as above but also covers V-4 cars through 1970 (two volume set)
- 1960-1964 95
- 1967-1373 95/96/Monte Carlo V-4 Only
- 1966-1974 Sonett
Owners Manuals are the small type that are also referred to as "Glove box manuals":
- 1957 93
- 1958 93B
- 1963 95
- Sonett, 1966-67 Two stroke, 1967 V-4, 68, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74
Other items of interest:
- New England Sonett Club Technical Information (contains excerpts from various Saab related publications pertaining to Sonetts including the Minnesota Sonett Club, Saab Club of North American and Saab Sonett Club of Southern California) - this is the "Sonett Bible" and is available $25.00
- Sport and Rally Catalog (contains list of rally equipment and applications)
- Service Bulletin Book 93/95/96/GT-750/Monte Carlo 850
- Air conditioning parts manual 95/96/Sonett/99/99 Turbo
- Upholstery Combination book (contains actual swatches or color copies) 93/95/96 Body color paint chips 93/95/96/Sonett (most years)
- Two hour video "Classic" 900 5-speed Tear Down conducted by John Moss $20.00
- Technical training on every Saab brake ever manufactured $32.00
For a more exhaustive catalogue... click these links and browse the various lists.