Here are some useful articles
- V4 4th Gear Ratio Comparison.
- How to optimize your gear ratios for rallying. It's to compare speeds at 4,500 RPM in 4th gear on any vintage Saab. The more data we get, the more useful it becomes. It will tell us what affect different size tires have on speed and it will also tell us if we have a different ring and pinion then stock. It's also fun, that's the best part.
E-mail your data to Bruce Turk at email@example.com in the following format:
1) Year of car
3) GPS speed
4) Speedometer reading
5) Tire size
The chart will be updated periodically
- 95, 96 & Sonett front wheel bearing replacement
- Note: Although this article is about installing front wheel bearings on a Sonett III, it can be used to install front wheel bearings on any V4 95 and 96
- Two stroke car buying
- Here's how to go about evaluating your two stroke SAAB purchase.
- Two stroke engine rebuilding
- Instructions for rebuilding your SAAB two stroke.
- Vintage SAAB front end rebuild
- How to tighten up your SAAB's front suspension.
- Sonett brake system rebuild
- A run through of a complete rebuild of the Sonett brakes.
- Type III brake master cylinder rebuild
- This is the article about rebuilding the Type III brake master cylinder that goes with Bruce's article [above] about rebuilding Sonett brakes.
- Sonett windshield and rear window (II and V4) replacement
- A walk through the scary but eminently do-able front and rear glass replacement procedure.
- Sonett interior restoration
- If your interior is ratty, these instructions can help.
- Early clock repair
- Time is off? Here's how you can bring that old clock back up to speed.
- Floor pan replacement
- Welding and the whole deal.
- Removing the Sonett body
- If you need to get the fiberglass off your Sonett, these instructions tell you how.
- Floor refinishing
- You welded it earlier, now you need to make things pretty and shiny again.
- Engine bay detailing
- Making the greasy-est and dirtiest place in the car... shine. Bruce knows gloss.